Mr.Fred Tam has studied securities and commodities futures trading techniques in the USA under Professor Hank O.Pruden of Golden Gate University, San Francisco; George Lane, Larry Williams, Jake Bernstein, Dr. Bill Williams, Steve Nison, Robert Miner, Joe Dinapoli, Tom Dorsey and many other prominent US traders. Mr. Fred tam uses a combination of technical indicators to track the markets. He has developed his own winning computerised trading system called “The F1 Trader System” which is absolutely excellent for trading stocks and futures markets. This system mimics Japanese candlestick charting signals. He also developed the MTF system of trading in 2012 and presented his findings at IFTA 2012 Conference, Singapore.
Mr.Fred Tam is a well-known stock and futures market analyst, author, columnist and public speaker among the Malaysian investing public. He is the author of six books on the Malaysian stock and futures markets. He was a regular columnist for the Malaysian Business Magazine, Nanyang Siang Pau, Business Times of the New Straits Times and Berita Harian.
Mr.Fred Tam also contributed articles on the stock/futures markets to Investor Digest, Bankers Journal, China Press, Sabah Times, Daily Express, Sarawak Tribune, Shanghai magazine, Malaysian Tatler, Personal Investor magazine (Singapore), Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities magazine (United States) and Omega Research magazine (United States).
He has conducted numerous professional courses and seminars in association with the Malaysian Institute of Management (MIM), the Research Institute of Investment Analysts of Malaysia (RIIAM), the Kuala Lumpur Commodity Exchange (KLCE), Malaysian Investors Association (MIA), Universiti Malaya (UM), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Multimedia University (MMU), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), FELDA, Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis Club, several major stock broking firms in Malaysia and the Singapore Remisiers Association.
He obtained his Master of Philosophy from Multimedia University, Cyberjaya, Malaysia in 2005 and obtained another Master in Financial Technical Analysis (MFTA) from IFTA in 2008. He is the first Malaysian to receive the MFTA award. Tam is a full member of the Society of Technical Analysts, UK (MSTA), a Certified Financial Technician (CFTe) form IFTA. Mr. Tam invented a winning computerized mechanised trading system known as “MTF Atom” which is now on robotics.
He is also the principal lecturer of the Certificate in Financial Technical Analysis course at Open University Malaysia since 2007. His students take the MSTA (UK) and CFTe (USA) exams and passes have been impressive.
His current research interest is in multiple time frame trading systems programmed into MT4.0. He teaches and promotes technical analysis and makes speaking appearances in Indonesia, Vietnam and Singapore besides Malaysia. Mr Tam is now collaborating with Asia E University To offer Malaysia’s first EMBA (Financial Technical Analysis) Course. For more detail click here.
- 1979 – Certified Accountant (ACCA) from the U.K.
- 1984 – Holds a Diploma in commodity futures trading from CEI Futures & Options School USA
- 1988 – Obtained Certificate in Commodity Futures Trading from KLCE
- 1996 – Obtained Certificate on options and futures from Malaysian Institute of Futures and Options (MIFO)
- 1996 – Passed the KLOFFE and MME examinations
- 2002 – Holds a Diploma in Technical Analysis from the Society of Technical Analysts, United Kingdom and is a full member of the Society of Technical Analysts (STA), U.K.
- 2004 – Certificate of Achievement from Golden Gate University, San Francisco tutored by Professor Hank O. Pruden, Vice Chairperson of International Federation of Technical Analysts – the Americas
- 2005 – Master of Philosophy (Finance) from Multimedia University.
- 2005 – Obtained Certified Financial Technician qualification from IFTA.
- 2008 – Obtained Masters in Financial Technical Analysis (MFTA) from IFTA.
- 2012 – Invented the best selling “Atom” trading system and trading robot.
- 2015 – Partner with Asia E University to conduct PCFTA course and EMBA course.